Saturday, December 22, 2012

Washi On Washi Off

I'm late for the Washi party and from the looks of things on Etsy and Pinterest I am not even fashionably late. I'm like "oh that party was last week" kinda late.

But then Washi felt sorry for me because I was standing at their door awkwardly so they invited me in for crafts. 

Today's washi related craft: mail organizers. We have three people living in our house and the mail bin sitting on the kitchen counter overflowith. I also needed some place to drop all my receipts for rebates (yeah, I'm one of those). 

Supplies:


Really the instructions are - decorate files, put on wall. I didn't even stack my files! But anyway - picture time:

Fresh out of the box...

Washi Tape and 

Fabric "buttons" with adhesive on the backs.

Two rows of pattern tape and one silver, plus a button for pizzazz

Equals: 
BF's instant comment" "the middle one should have two stripes" (thanks Mr. Asperger) 

Totally matches the blaze orange. 

This was just a quick project for me tonight. I plan to write on each  in the lower right corner with fancy writing what should go in (ie - grandma's mail, our mail, receipts). I will post pictures if I don't ruin them. 

To adhere these to the wall I used the sticky adhesive that came with the files. Because we have so much mail I will probably need to use the drywall screws that also came with the kit. 

Reference: none this time! I thought of this on my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment